China-special for you to organize frequently asked questions about visa.

About Us | Contact Us
Tel: 86-773-2851898

About Visa

Must I have a visa to visit China?

 Yes, foreign visitors who are going to China need hold a valid visa which should be approved prior to entering China, so matter a China travel visa (Type L) or a China business visa (Type F). And the necessary passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended return date left on your passport to get a Chinese visa. Well if your only travel and stay in Hong Kong, you will not be required to apply for a China visa.

What kind of China visa do I need to apply for my China tour?

For those who are planning to enter China for the purpose of China travel, they need China tourist visa (Type L). There are two main China tourist visa, one is a single-entry China visa, another is a double- or multiple entry China visa.
Most travelers only need to apply for a single – entry visa, which is usually valid for 3 months after the issuing date and will permit you to stay in China for a maximum of 30 days. However if you need to leave and re-enter mainland China when you are traveling in China, you need to apply for a double- or multiple entry China visa. Please note that, even when you leave for Hong Kong or Macao from mainland China, you still need to have a double- or multiple entry visa.

What do I need to prepare for my China visa?

To apply for a China tourist visa (Type L), you need to prepare an application form, a passport-size photo and a valid passport. It takes about seven business days for an application to be processed.

How do I get my visa to China?

China tourist visa is issued by the Chinese Embassy in your country. Please check below for several options for your visa:
1, Go to the Chinese Embassy in your capital and main business city at least 3 months before your China tour. A sufficient time of getting visa for China will guarantee your China tour.
2, Contact a local visa service and ask for their help.
3, Contact the China National Tourist Office in your city if there is any or other cities in your country.
4, Contact us. We will assist you detailed instruction to help you process your visa application after you booked your tour to China with us.

If China Embassy requests me to offer an invitation letter, do you offer and what information do you need from me?

Yes, we can offer you the invitation letter if you are requested by China Embassy. However, we cannot offer a China invitation letter to single traveler but a group of travelers who take our China tour. We need your some information as blew:
1) The date of your entering China;
2) How many days you plan to stay in China;
3) Cities that you plan to visit;
4) Name (must be the same as those on your passport);
5) Gender;
6) Date of birth;
7) Passport Number;
8) Passport expiration date;
9) Occupation;
10) Telephone- fax number and your email address;
11) Your address.
It will spend you around two weeks to issue the invitation letter. Please be sure that you had better to apply for a visa to China as soon as you decide to go to China.

How do I get my visa to China in Hong Kong?

If you are in Hong Kong and want to visit mainland China, you may apply for visa by yourself from Visa Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China which is opened from Monday to Friday.
You need following information with you to obtain a China visa:
A recent passport-size photo.
2) Passport which needs to be valid at least more than 3 months.
3) Usually you can get the visa within one working day. Cost 100 HK$ or more.
4) Fast process is available when paying 150 HK$.
5) Their Address (Please call them before you go to their office): 5th Floor, Lower Block, 26 Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: ++850-25851657 OR ++850-25851680 OR ++850-25851794

What should I do if I lose my passport when traveling in China?

If your passport is lost in China, you need to ask your guide for help and report to the city Public Security Bureau (PSB) immediately. The PSB will then issue a certificate of lost passport. With the certificate, you will need to apply for a new passport in person to the nearest embassy or consulate of your own country, where you usually will be required to provide some other materials like passport photos, lost passport application, etc. With the new passport issued, you need to go to the PSB to get a new Visa, so you can go on your trip or exit China. Please be advised that the relevant departments are usually closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Chinese Holidays.

Why Choose Us ?

China Special CTS belongs to Guilin China Travel Service Co. Ltd was founded in 1975. Our company is ranking on the top of many travel agencies.

We have Over 20 Years Experience in China Travel business.

We are based in China, understand customers' needs.

Free tailor-made trip for you & by you Reply within 24 hours and professional service

Save money and value guarantee Money back guarantee

How to Book
  1. Booking on the website, send us e-mail with your detailed needs.
  2. Our customer service will contact you, and communicate your travel details with you.
  3. Provide you a complete touring plan.
  4. Confirm the touring plan.
  5. Pay for fees, then start your trip to China!